About Human Subjects Research Training SBER (HSRT SBER):
HSRT SBER offers foundational training on the United States federal regulations for the protection of human subjects in social, behavioral and educational research (SBER). This training includes the Belmont Report principles, which frame the federal revised Common Rule, and associated laws, policies, and guidance. HSRT SBER was adapted from the Learn eCORE HSRT course by the Learn eCORE Founders to provide SBER research teams with training that reflects practices and terminology appropriate for their scientific disciplines. The course was also vetted by independent experts in SBER research and SBER IRB requirements. Completion of HSRT SBER satisfies the educational requirement of federal funders and SBER IRBs.
HSRT SBER is organized into five (5) modules. The first two provide context while the other three use the Belmont Report principles to delve into more detail:
1) History of human subjects’ protection
2) The associated regulations, and the Belmont Report principles
3) Respect for persons
HSRT SBER reinforces learning through interactive exercises and realistic case studies drawn from various SBER disciplines including social sciences, psychology, education, and criminology. Those involved primarily in biomedical who need human subjects research training, should consider taking the HSRT course, which is geared towards this type of human subjects research.
Who is it for?
Who Should Take Human Subjects Research Training SBER (HSRT SBER)?
HSRT SBER was developed to meet the training needs of a breadth of professionals involved in SBER research, including:
Those involved in the design and conduct of SBER studies like investigators, research team leaders and members, faculty, pre- and post-doctoral fellows, and students
Those involved in research oversight and administration like SBER IRB and other ethics board administrators and members, research compliance staff, and study monitors
Those who teach about SBER compliance or research ethics as defined by the Belmont Report principles and their students. Learn eCORE also offers a companion Faculty Guide that can be used in teaching with either HSRT course version
Key Features and Benefits of Human Subjects Research Training (SBER):
- HSRT SBER was developed by the experienced Learn eCORE Founders and was independently vetted by experts in SBER and SBER IRB Certification processes.
- The content is accurate, up-to-date, and relevant to those doing SBER involving human subjects.
- Each training module has clear learning objectives.
- The presentation of key historical events in human subjects protection provides a clear context for the training.
- The course framework is built on the Belmont Report Principles to promote the understanding of complex regulatory requirements
- Includes realistic case studies so learners can practice applying the Belmont Report principles and associated regulations in common SBER scenarios such as participant recruitment and SBER IRB certification procedures.
- Available in English, Spanish, and French at no additional cost.
- Take the course at your pace with a full year of course access
- Provides a dated and personalized downloadable certificate upon course completion.
- Get more for your investment. In addition to excellent research compliance training, Learn eCORE provides learners access to useful research resources and general professional skills training, at no additional cost.
- Competitively priced for both individuals and groups with affordable and flexible pricing plans.
- Optional professional continuing education credits offered for many healthcare disciplines.